Different Views on Recession End
Jeffrey Lacker, Richmond Federal Reserve President, believes that recession will end this year. On the other hand, Thomas Hoenig, Kansas City Federal Reserve President, believe that the slow and steady growth will not begin until next year. However, both agree that there will be a risk of inflation when the economy recovers.
Two Federal Reserve officials have opposing views on the recovery of the U.S. economy.
Jeffrey Lacker, Richmond Federal Reserve President, and Thomas Hoenig, Kansas City Federal Reserve President offer different views on when the recession will come to an end. Lacker said that growth will resume by year end due to the spending drive of U.S. consumers and the Fed’s injection of unprecedented stimulus.
On the other hand, Hoenig is less confident about this. He said that the economic outlook still looks uncertain and that it would take the rest of this year just to move out of the recession phase. He added further that the economy will be on a path of slow, steady growth in 2010.
Nevertheless, both officials agree that the Fed should be aware of the inflation risk upon the economy’s recovery. In fact, other policymakers warned that removing the stimulus too quickly could put the country back in recession.
In addition, a huge surge in inflation and undermining long-term economic growth could also be responsible to make it harder for the government to attract buyers and fund its budget deficit.
Hoenig also noted that once the recovery begins, political pressure may keep interest rates low, therefore threatening the ability to shift policy and independence of the central bank. He warned that before any problem about inflation appears, the Fed needs to immediately address these potential pitfalls today.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start an Animal Broker Business
- How to Start a Mail Order Business
- Candy Wrapper Business
- How to Start a Retail Business
- How to Start a Staffing Business
- 5 Things You Can Do to Start a Lifestyle Management Business
- Top 10 Businesses to Start in South Africa
- How to Make a Living Selling Firewood?
- How to Start a Used Car Battery Business?
- Know Which Business Will Suit You Astrologically
- 5 Steps to Make Gift Baskets and Sell for Money
- Best Ways to Invest Money in your 20s
- Steps to Start a Document Management Business